This recipe is a winner for Taco Tuesday or Game Day anywhere. Beer and chipotle peppers add delicious flavors to this lean beef roast.
- 1 beef Shoulder Roast Boneless (2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 2 medium chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from chipotle peppers, divided
- 12 small corn or flour tortillas (6-inch diameter), warmed
- 2 cups coleslaw
- Chopped red onion, chopped fresh cilantro, crumbled queso or sour cream, fresh lime juice or lime wedges (optional)
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add beer, peppers and 2 tablespoons adobo sauce to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until pot roast is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, combine coleslaw and remaining 1 teaspoon adobo sauce. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking liquid; bring to boil. Reduce to medium and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced to 1-1/2 cups. Meanwhile, trim and discard excess fat from cooked roast. Shred roast with 2 forks. Return beef to reserved liquid; cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Serve beef in tortillas; top with coleslaw mixture and toppings, as desired.
Recipe provided by Beef, It’s What’s For Dinner
Leave a Reply